NOTE: This class is in partnership with the Women & Bicycles program. This class is only available for those that are women/trans/femme/women-aligned. If this is not you, please look to take another City Cycling class.
This is going to be fun!
Riding your bike doesn’t have to be stressful. Join the Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) for a morning of skills, confidence, and community building.
We’ll spend some time on a few specific bike handling skills, then go for a short ride and talk about strategies for riding in different road, bike lane, and trail situations. Bring questions!
By the time you head home, you’ll feel more confident, comfortable, and happy on your bike. Plus it’s a blast.
Something for everyone:
Whether you’ve just learned to ride or you’ve been bike commuting for years, we’ve got new things to share with you. Our experienced League Certified instructors will make sure that you’re working on skills that match your level of comfort and experience on your bike.
Is this class right for you?
- Do you know how to ride a bicycle?
- Are you comfortable riding a bike for at least 30 minutes?
- Are you able to start and stop your bike in a controlled manner?
If you answered "no" to any of the above questions, then a Learn to Ride is best for you.
What to bring:
- Questions! We love them! Do you have a particular bike situation you’ve always wondered about? That’s what we’re here for.
- A bike, helmet, water and a snack.
- Flat pedals. Toe clips, clipless pedals, or other gizmos that attach your feet to your pedals aren’t recommended. If you don’t know what this means, your pedals will work fine.
What does it cost?
Ten bucks! What a deal! We have coupons to sweeten the deal - call or email us for more information. But also:
- The class is free for Bikeshare members. We'll also reimburse you for your usage fees if you use Bikeshare during the class. (Email or call 202-518-0524 x221 for a discount code)
- The class is free for WABA members. (Email or call 202-518-0524 x221 for a discount code)
- Drop-ins are free! Space is limited in this class, if you really want to participate, it's recommended you register ahead of time to hold your spot! Otherwise, walk up to any class at least 15 minutes before we start so we can have you fill out a little bit of paperwork.
- Coupons exist! (Email or call 202-518-0524 x221 for a coupon code)
1500 Anacostia Dr. SE
Washington, DC 20020
We will be meeting in the parking lot north of the boat launch, past the Aquatic Resources Education Center (all the way at the end of Anacostia Dr.).