9:30 - 10:30 am Yoga in the Park
Relax and be at peace - a mindful way to start the celebrations
10 am - 12 pm River Rides
Enjoy boat tours w/ Anacostia Park & River history and nature
10:30 am - 1 pm Tales and Trails
Ranger lead bike tour to share park history
12:00 - 5 pm Happy Birthday Anacostia Park - Family fun!
- Mural painting, live raptors
- Fishing lessons and prize for the biggest fish
- Photobooth stations, arts and crafts
- Bike repair pop up, photo exhibits, roller skating performances and more!
5 - 8 pm Disco Skate Party - Lace on your skates, get down with disco
Check out skating performances. Eat cake and sing happy birthday to your neighborhood national park.
Visit go.nps.gov/AnacostiaPark for event info. Text 100YEARS to 888777 for event updates and emergency alerts.
Metro & Bus
- Potomac Avenue Metro Station is a 25-minute walk.
- Anacostia Metro Station is a 40-minute walk,
- The bus stop at Pennsylvania SE and L’Enfant Square SE is a 10-15 minute walk.
Plan your trip on public transit www.wmata.com!
The Anacostia Riverwalk Trail is a great way to access the park. Capital Bikeshare at Anacostia Metro Station, Good Hope Road SE and Anacostia Park Recreation Center. Bike parking stations are available.
Visitors are encouraged to use public transportation, walk or bike .Extremely limited parking is available near the Anacostia Park Skating Pavilion.
What to Bring
- Bring a picnic or snacks, and food will be for sale.
- Lawn chairs and blankets are encouraged.
- Dogs on leash are allowed in Anacostia Park. Owners are responsible for picking up waste.
What Not to Bring
Alcohol, weapons, illegal substances, open fires, fireworks, BBQ grills and pop-up tents are not allowed. Please do not light candles or incense in the park.
About Anacostia Park Centennial
On August 31, 1918, Congress passed legislation to designate specific land along the Anacostia River in the nation’s capital as Anacostia Park. 100 years later, Anacostia Park is a thriving national park that encompasses more than 1,200 acres and includes cherished places such as Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, River Terrace Park, Langston Golf Course and the Anacostia Park Skating Pavilion.
Celebrate 100 years of Anacostia Park and the Year of the Anacostia!